Daylight savings in the Fall is my favorite time fo the year. I love it! I always feel do refresed afterwards. But why? Maybe its because I have just gained my hour of sleep back from the horrible "spring forward" monster. I feel more alert and ready for anything to happen. In phychology I learned that a humans's sleep cycle is really 25 hours. So on the weekend of daylight savings you acually have a 25 hours sleep cycle. When you change your body's cycle it messes up your "clock." But when the fall comes and you get an extrat hour than you are used to so you wake up feeling refresed. I like feeling refresed and happy! :)
Then why do we have daylight savings in the first place? President Roosevelt first initiated the plan of daylight savings. It was taken away and then put back again. Does it really save energy in the summer? Well I don't know well just have to test it out and see sometime now won't we? I doesn't really seem like it would it just doesn't make sense trning you clock an hour earlier would make such a big difference in saving enery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
I thought Daylight Saving's was originally Ben Franklin's idea...I thought that's what they said in National Treasure anyway. But yeah...I love National Treasure!
Riley Poole: All right! What I know is that daylight savings wasn't established until World War I. If it's 3 p.m. now that means that in 1776 it would be 2 p.m.
Ben Gates: Riley, you're a genius
yeah it was but it wasn't put in place until pres. roosevelt.
Oh, ok. I get it now.
*random* My family went to see National Treasure while we were on band tour having adventures. Wasn't band tour great? 'Katrina! Our journals are going to burn!' lol
Yeah Band tour was awesome! I am kinda excited to go to seattle! But I am not excited to go to las vegas with the marching band. gag
Post a Comment