I have known a couple of sets of twins in my lifetime. One pair is my cousins and others my friends. They were born the same day, look similar, (unless they are fraternal, but they still look like they came from the same family)and have shared almost their whole lives together. So why are they so different? Last night for instance I went to a movie with 2 of my friends which happen to be twins. I sat in the middle of them, which was kind of interesting. They were so different! I had know that before, but it was strange to have them react different ways to things. I would look over at Claire and she would have a straight face and then I would look over at Liz and she would look at me funny as if to say, "that was strange." Liz commented more than Claire, so I came away feeling bad because Claire hadn't said much the whole movie, but then I realized that is just the way she is.
Twins like everyone have different likes and dislikes. They are no different than siblings. Do all siblings like the same things? Of course not. They might like some of the same things, but they aren't going to like everything the same. Every person is different, if they weren't then life would be boring, and twins are no exception.
Twins often get grouped together, which is sad because they are two separate beings. Sometimes though its as if they are so different it is weird. Like one likes sports and the other one like art and music. Or one is more outgoing and the other one is shyer. One characteristic isn't better than the other; it is different and special in its own unique way. I don't like one twin more than the other I like them for different reasons. My grandma said, "They say a person shouldn't have favorites, but I have found each one of you to be my favorite in some way or another." That is so true. Even with twins, you have different things in common with different people. I would have a totally different conversation with one twin than I would with other and a different one when they are together. And that makes life so much more enjoyable. Twins are so cool! I couldn't imagine what life would be like if there were no twins in this world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment