Thursday, April 30, 2009

Education :)

While being in school my mind has been on education. The past few days I have realized how it is important to always do the best we can in Jr. High and High school. I am taking a few classes where we are going over things I learned in Jr. high and High school. Knowing the subject matter from before helps so much! The basics I have previously learned are being re-taught and expounded upon. So it really is important to try to do well in Jr. High and High school, it helps in the long run. This realization brought to mind a scripture, found in Doctrine and Covenants 130:19. " And if a person gains more aknowledge and intelligence in this life through his bdiligence and obedience than another, he will have so much the cadvantage in the world to come." So just like elementary, Jr. High and High school help us prepare for college, learning in this this life gives us an advantage in the next life.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Yep, you are right!

Dad Lewis said...

Right on. I heard a wise person say that you learn and retain more in a class in which you already know 85% of the content as opposed to knowing only 15% of the content.

kimberly said...

What a great thing to realize when you are still young!