Ever since I can remember I have wanted to be a nurse. I wanted to help people. But I didn't realize what being a nurse meant. They give shots, put in IVs, and take blood. If I would have known that I would have had to do all that when I was little I wouldn't have wanted to be a nurse. I get so queasy at the sight of blood. I cried when I had to get an IV and I feel light headed when I get blood drawn. I wish I could be a nurse, but those things are holding me back. So, with being a nurse out of the question, I decided I wanted to be something else: An english teacher. But there are a couple of things holding be back too. So why are these things holding me back?
One of the things holding me back from being an english teacher is I can't write very well. I can never get things to come out the way I want them to. I have a hard explaining myself. I thought I could somewhat write, but now I feel totally helpless. I hate not being able to express things. I have all of these good ideas in my head and I can never explain them thorough enough, so it is hard. I want to burst sometimes with frustration, but I can't even figure out why I am so frustrated. So I try but not everything comes out exactly how I feel. If I'm not a good writer, I couldn't be a good english teacher.
Another problem I have is that I hate being up in front of people and I get butterflies in my stomach every time I am in front of people. This is so bad for a teacher to have, but I can't seem to make it go away. If I were a teacher I would dread getting up in front of class and teaching a lesson. No one wants a nervous teacher who is nervous just for talking. It is so frustrating that I get so nervous. I never what I want to say, or how I want to say. I have to be prepared enough, so I will feel less nervous. If I am not prepared I just laugh and can't stop. It is so embarrassing!
So I have decided that I might be able to overcome these things so I can become the occupation I want to be. We all have things we need to learn and grow in. Just because there are obstacles in the way, doesn't mean we can't overcome them. With practice, patience and learning we do anything we set our minds to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Amen! I want to be a bunny
You can be whatever you want. I'm sure you'd make a great English teacher! But, if you don't think you can do it, you probably won't. So, if you think you can do it, you will! Does that make sense? I say--go for it!
Post a Comment