Saturday, March 11, 2006

Happy Endings Are Better

I recently watched Star Wars Episode III. I knew that Anakin was going to turn into Darth Vadar, but I didn't expect it to happen in the way it did. I was so depressing! Anankin is so dumb! If he would have listened to Samuel Jackson then it would have ended all ok. But he doesn't listen he follows him and the chancellor minipulates him. Arrg! It just makes me made that Anakin would have so much hate and ditched his wife who is pregnant with twins. (sorry if I ruined part of the ending) It just makes me so sad! I cried! I never cry during movies! (well hardly ever, I cried during Deep Impact,that movie was sad :( )So basically I decided I like movies that are sad, and frusterating in the middle but end up happy. Why did I come to this conclusion?

The turmoil in movie makes it so good. It just has to end happily. The "and they happily ever after" is so cliche, but I really love it when they end up happy. A good ending makes me feel good inside. I can learn from thier mistakes the've made and apply them to my life. I just can't stand sad endings! They have a big impact on me, but I dwell on the sadness and can't forget it for awhile. I feel so terrible when someone dies, or someone makes a poor decision that messes up their life for good. A "happily ever after" leaves me with a bigger impression of hope for the future than a sad one. But I guess I am really into all that clean romance stuff. Things seem to end happy most of the time in those movies, so maybe that is why I love A "fairy tale ending."

2 comments:

The Last Popsicle Stand said...

Amen! Sad endings are terrible! I'm glad I don't live in Europe. Good endings make you feel like,"Happy days are here again."(Come on who's campaign slogan is that? That's right FDR...gosh I hate APUSH!)

dancer said...

Down with sad endings! It is just too terrible when after knowing and loving the characters things don't work out, or they die. Happy endings all the way. We need the encouragement of happy endings. Cool blog!