I talk WAY too much! I will talk about almost anything. Sometimes I feel like I can't stop, and sometimes I don't want to, because I have so much to say. It's not like my life is really THAT interesting, but I just talk. Why do people talk so much? And that my friend is what I am going to analyze.
Talking makes life ten times more interesting. The voice uses inflection that makes things sound silly or sad, or weird depending on how we say it. Something can be taken the wrong way when we are writing, but it is easier to understand the way that phrase is meant to be said when we actually speak those words.
Our words help us express how we truly feel. We can tell someone that we feel sad. We can tell them that they hurt us. And yes, we can tell people that we love them. When we express a feeling by actually saying it, we know that the person really means it. If it is just in a letter then it is harder to actually know that they are serious.
Without talking we couldn't share stories and share our thoughts and feelings with one another. But, we couldn't hurt anyone's feelings and make them feel bad. Sometimes I think this world would be a happier place if we couldn't talk. No one could say anything they would regret, and there would be less fights and arguments. But yet without the bad we can't experience that good, like saying I love you or I care. We couldn't laugh at other's jokes and we couldn't share our special memories. Talking is a part of life. Without it we would have a harder time growing and experiencing new and exciting things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Katrina you don't either talk too much. And besides you're right we need to talk and stuff to express ourselves. I think it's much better to talk too much than not enough.
It's true that you can't take something back once you've said it, but it is also true that you can't go back in time and say something that really needed to be said. And, you know, people say that it is the sins of omission that get you. I love listening to other people talk--I don't just hear the words, but I can see the eyes and expression that are such a big part of talking.
You're amazing! I love your blog!
Post a Comment