Recently I have seen quite a few movies where the best friends, a guy and a girl, always end up together in the end. They realize that they like each other and have fallen in love. This also happens quite frequently in real life as well. But the person who likes their opposite gender friend is scared of telling their true feelings for that person. Why is it that we tend to be scared of telling others are true feelings, especially when they are feelings of love? And why do people end up liking their opposite gender best friends?
People seem to be scared to share their true feelings for each other because they are afraid of rejection. "What if I tell my true feelings and they don't like me back? Then that would ruin my relationship." Some people are worried that if they like their friend it will ruin their friendship. This could be the case, but it couldn't. Usually especially in movies, the other person ends up liking them back. In the movie SKY HIGH the girl likes her guy friend and worries about it ruining their relationship. She tells this other person the dilemma, and they tell her just to tell him. She has a hard time, especially when she finds out that he likes someone else. But in the end he realizes that he really likes her better and they end up together.
A guy and a girl, who have been best friends for a long time, feel comfortable with each other. They know how they other person will react to certain situations, and how they will respond. They can always go to that person for advice and know they can get a good answer. They might end up liking them, because they know them so well and care for them so much that can't imagine their lives without that person. A wise person once said that the best spouse is one that is your best friend.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know we've been,
Friends Forever,
But now I think I'm feelin' somethin' totally new.
And after all this time,
I've opened up my eyes,
Now I see.
You were always with me!
Could it be,
You and I,
Never imagined?
Could it be,
Suddenly,
I'm fallin' for you?
Could it be?
You were right here beside me,
And I never knew?
Could it be,
That it's true,
That it's you?
(http://www.stlyrics.com/a.htm)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Awesome blog Katrina! So have you found your true love Fred Stinko yet? :D
Hey Katrina, it's Camilla--we have Mr. Fong's psychology class together. Are you sad to be ending his class? Wonderful blog, it's so true! I was reading Mansfield Park by Jane Austen--same thing happens. Can anyone escape?! No, probably not.
Post a Comment