Lately I have noticed that a lot of the songs that everyone loves and rave about are songs that talk about being in love and having your heart broken. And it made me wonder why this was.
First of all it seems as if almost everyone can relate to a song that talks about love or their heart being broken. Most people have had a crush on someone, or been "in love." This causes people to like the meaning of the songs and they can turn to that song to make them feel better. I remember I was listening to this radio station awhile back and it said, "Are you have one of those days where the love of your life has broken up with you, and you turn to this station and every song you can relate to." (Or something to that effect.) But the thing is, is that most radio stations play songs about love, because it's what people like listening to.
Not only do people like love songs because they can relate to them, they also can listen to a different beat depending on their mood. Music is such a powerful thing. We can express our emotions though music. If we hear a good song, it can influence our lives better than any lecture can. Music can change our moods quickly. Even though most love songs are not upbeat there are others that are upbeat. IF we are happy about a relationship then we can turn on our happy love song. Or if we are depressed we can turn on our soothing love song that makes us feel all warm inside.
When someone is listening to a love song about how they feel, they feel as though there is someone out there that is feeling the same way they are. They feel one with that other person. There is a powerful bond between the audience and the artist. That person will listen to more of their songs because they have a bond that has come though having the same emotions.
Not only is this true about love songs it is true about any song. Songs are a key and a window to our true emotions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
It's true Katrina! You were playing a love song in "Beauty and the Beast" that's why Fred Stinko yelled, "Go Katrina!" See we've finally figured it out ;)
I know why people love love songs--okay, that's wierd, I can say love love, can't I?--it is all because of Shrek. I mean, when you hear that song at the end, "I'm a Believer," don't you just tear up? Great blog!
Post a Comment