Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A little( I mean ALOTof) help here is all I ask

Today I practiced my flute. Are you surprised? well I know I am. I'm not the type to practice hours on end. But I came away feeling a little discouraged. I feel as though I could never be good enough on my own. Sure I can work on a song, but I wouldn't be able to make it sound amazing without a little help. (Did I just type little, how about a ton whamohugeness amount of help. That was wordy, oh well I'm not being graded so I don't care.) I would take flute lessons, but not knowing the status of my moving situation I can't go looking for a teacher. I don't even own a metrenome (however you spell it) or tuner. But the most discouraging thing is looking at a piece of music that you want to be able to play, but can't because you don't know how to count the rythms. I know I am so dumb. But I just want to be good. I like playing things that I know how to play not things I don't. I'm not the one to like challenges. I do what's easy and I don't do anything really that hard. This is a pretty dumb worry.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I can't believe I haven't written you an email yet. I think I'm going to do that tomorrow. I feel like I have so much to say to you! We need to hang out!! Did you take the ACT on Saturday? I thought I saw your car. Anyway, I'll write.

Natalie said...

We were having choral rehearsals for Fiddler on Saturday, that's why I was at OHS.

Katrina said...

Fun! I wish I was in a play! When is Fiddler?

Natalie said...

August 4th. I think. It's either the 4th or the 9th-last rehearsal we all debated between the two. No one really knows.