
Thinking back on life, makes me realize how we have no idea what will happen in our lives. There is a path and by our choices we are paving the way. Life is so much happier if we trust in the Lord no matter what our circumstances. I am so grateful that I have the knowledge that I know I can turn to Him, and that when I am unsure about my future, I can know what to do. Because turning my life over to Him makes me a better person, than if I were to do everything myself.
I was thinking of my senior year when we went to Disneyland for a choir trip. One of our days in Disneyland was on a Sunday. This bothered me from the very beginning. We were required to attend a clinic that morning in the Park, but had the rest of our day to ourselves. It was a complicated decision to make, and after much thinking and prayer I still didn't quite know what to do. The clinic started and the clinician was talking to us about growing and having pain in the process, relating to music. He said there were two kinds of pain. One kind of pain was staying where you are and is easier but doesn't help you in the long run. And the second kind of pain is moving forward even though it's hard and helps you improve and be better. This caught my attention. It made me realize that even though it would have been easier in the beggining to stay at Disneyland, it wouldn't help me in the long run. That is when I decided I should go back to the hotel, and spend Sunday there. Which turned about to be a really good thing and I am grateful for that decision.
Which leads me to think of the poem by Robert Frost, "The Road Less Traveled."
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth
Then took the other as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet, knowing how way leads onto way
I doubted if I should ever come back
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference
Robert Frost
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth
Then took the other as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet, knowing how way leads onto way
I doubted if I should ever come back
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference
Robert Frost
The last 3 lines really stand out to me. "Two roads diverged in a wood And I took the one less traveled by... And that has made all the difference."







5 comments:
Wow you have such a great testimony, I liked how you put the poem by robert frost, you know I sang that song in highschool. I think it is so cool, how things work out like that. I don't think that the guys said those things by coincidence. I am glad you made the right choice.
Good thoughts. Thanks for sharing.
You are such a wonderful person!!!You really are. I'm not just saying that because I'm your Mother.
You are in such an exciting time of life where you are making a lot of decisions. I think that any path you choose will be a good one because you are leaning on Heavenly Father. :)
That's cool and so true.
Post a Comment