The past couple of days my mom has been "fixing-up" our kitchen. I would call it change. She has taken out the desk and put huge cupboards in instead. SHe has ripped off the inviting wallpaper with pictures of little pears and apples. Also today my parents went and bought a type of pergo to put on our floor. For some odd reason this is really scaring me. Anytime something changes I freak out and sometimes even cry. LIke when my grandpa moved to a different house. So why am I so afraid of change? Change is hard. People get so used things a certain way, that when something different happens it shocks them. We have memories attached to everything. The houses we have lived in. The walls we have stared at for hours while doing homework and eating dinner. A schedule we are used to helps us through the day. These are daily things and if something is sudden;y different, our minds can't really comprehend it. It's like, "wait what happened? I don't understand, everything I've seen it suddenly different." A blind person can't have change to a room or they get lost and confused. That is like our minds when something different happens our minds get confused until we get used to it. When we get overloaded with changes it shocks us to the point we get emotional and we cry. (well at least I cry)
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying change is bad, I'm just saying I don't like it. Change is good once in a while. If there was no change life would be so boring. No things to explore, no lessons to be learned. ALot of people wish they could stay in high school forever. Where's the excitement in that? The student body officers would be the same, there would be the same football team. The football team would never get better. Because to get better we have to CHANGE. Without any change we would have no choices we would stuck with whatever we were born with. What a depressing life. So changes are a good thing just as long as not too many come at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
I agree. Change is really hard for me to get used to. Things are just more...comfortable when they're the same. I don't know. Change is a good thing though.
You're right! Change isn't worth it! But yeah we're pretty screwed without it.
Post a Comment