Whew! What a week! Two nights I was up until 2 and got up at 8:30. Last night I was up until 4 and then got up again at 8 to finish a project I have been working on for my journalism class. It has been quite an adventure.
My journalism class took a field trip to the Rexburg Cemetery where we were to find a person who had died more than 50 years ago and then were to write a paper about them. I had to search old records and use the internet to find sources. It was fun, yet frustrating at times. I even learned the skill of using the microfilm rolls they use in the family history center.
The person I chose died in 1895 and moved to Rexburg from Logan in about 1883. I found him in the 1880 census, and then needed to find him again in the 1890 census. What I found out was that the 1890 census was burned in a fire. That was frustrating, but I found quite a bit of information. It amazes me that there are so many resources out there from so long ago. I came to appreciate the past and all the things that were done so I could be a school here today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment