Friday, May 15, 2009

Grateful for Fridays!

This week has been so crazy and stressful! I am taking 15 credits, including Chemistry, Astronomy, Philosophy of Education, Scripture Study, and Newspaper writing. And Wednesdays are insane! I have straight classes from 9 am until 4:15 p.m. So after Wednesday I was tired and grouchy, from going from class to class, thing after thing, and feeling like I needed to be studying more for ALL my classes. Let's just say I had a "minor" break down. So I called my dear mom, who listened to me, gave me advice, and made me feel so much better! Thanks! :) So I am so grateful it's Friday!

I also am trying to notice small little things to be grateful for. I am grateful for the comforting words that can come from the scriptures, for little things, that help me just be happier. For example, this is so silly, working in a grocery store deli I became accustomed to the meat in the deli, and the pre-packaged meat makes me gag. (Most of it anyway) So pretty much my taste buds got ruined... Plus being a college student makes me kinda poor, so I really can't afford buying lunch meat at the deli. So I go to the store yesterday and their deli meat was a really good deal! So today I got to eat a tasty sandwich! Which makes me happy! :)

I also have really good roommates this semester that care about me. I could go on and on about all the many blessings I see in my day to day life, that make my crazy college life so much better. These things show me how much my Father in Heaven cares about me. He cares enough about me, and knows me enough, to make it possible for me to eat a yummy sandwich. :)

4 comments:

Kevin and Steph said...

ahh, your so optomistic! :) i'm glad you're doing well!!

Angela said...

Is a dear mom kinda like an elk mom?:)
I'm glad your treated yourself to good deli turkey you deserve the best. Hope you have a good weekend to make up for the hectic week. Love you!

Spence said...

I like your meat story. Little happy things can do alot. Have fun with college stuff. I kind of miss it. College is pretty fun.

P.s. I put my mtc adress on my facebook profile just so you know.

kimberly said...

It is wonderful when we are able to see those little tender mercies that Heavenly Father sends our way to help us feel loved.