So today I finished the book to The Other Side of Heaven movie, called In the Eye of the Storm. It was amazing! The funny thing was that John H. Groberg actually came and spoke at our devotional last week, while I was in the middle of the book. He showed a clip from the movie as part of his talk. He talked about how to have greater faith. He said, "We did not fail there, (referring to the pre-mortal life) we will not fail here." His talk was powerful and I learned so much from it just like all of our Tuesday devotionals!
I also really enjoyed conference! I kept seeing SLC and the temple and felt slightly homesick and sad I couldn't make it home for conference. I liked how alot of the talks were about trusting in the Lord and making it through hard times, which there are so many in our day. I especially liked President Monson's talk about "finding joy in the journey." He talked about making the best of everyday. He said, "Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows." I also appreciated Elder Bednar's talk about making prayers more meaningful. I just love conference and am always sad when the last session is over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I enjoyed reading your thoughts, you are so sweet! My favorite take-away from the Elder Groberg book and movie was when he is sailing in the ocean during an awful storm and...I'm not remembering the details well but the thought was that during storms sometimes the Lord calms the water and sometimes He calms His child. At times the hardship is taken away but other times the Lord helps us and comforts us so that we can make it through.
I enjoyed conference too. I can't wait to get the conference Ensign so I can study them in detail.
We missed you for conference dinner too. I know it is hard to be away from your family especially at times of family gatherings and traditions. I think the joy in the journey reminds us that we can find joy where ever and when ever. When I went off to college my mom gave me a picture of a flower that said "Bloom where you are planted" I repeated that over and over to myself when I felt homesick. I think joy in the journey kind of presents the same message.
I really liked Elder Groberg's book too - I can't believe the things that he did on his mission! It makes most missions look like cake!
Conference was so great - we sure have some nice men and women leading us, don't we? You are great!
Post a Comment