Monday, April 23, 2007
Hah-hah... Prom... a materialistic world!
Prom is definately over-rated. The guys spend all of this money on a girl and I dunno it is a little weird. It's funny, because in For the Strength of Youth it suggests going on inexpensive dates. (we were bored during lunch today and so we read the dating section. Hah! We are such nerds! :) ) Plus uhh... I yeah... I dunno. I hate how this world is so materialistic! Why does everything have to cost so much! I hate it! Let's see... the group I went with didn't even pay that much. $20 for dinner, $40 for pictures, $20 for the actual ticket, a $100 dress, a $85 tux, gas money from driving, Flowers probably end up being $30 together, and other odds and ends. So that's what, around $280. (I think I did my math right) Wow, that sure is alot of money put into one night! And I am sure other people spent 2-3 times as much! Prom is supposed to be the "biggest night of your life!" We definately live in a materialistic world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Yeah it's sad how materialistic the world is, but you did have fun at prom didn't you? I wanna see pictures!
Yes! Pictures! BTW, I just bought my dress. I'm excited, but I don't like the materialistic side of prom...
Post a Comment