Friday, July 11, 2008

"A Change in Me"

So I decided to maybe try and keep writing on this thing even though I really don't think anyone reads it. But it is an outlet, for things. I keep thinking today and the past couple of days about my life in general. I mean I am who I am today because of all the wonderful people I have ever met, will continue to meet. I feel a little sad today, because my friends are all away from me. Some on trek, others rafting, or just busy in general. Or maybe I'm just too busy working. But I dunno, I keep thinking about all these people I have met and become friends with and not sure if I will see them again, at least for a while. How many people will I meet and only encounter a few times in my life? How will they ever know what an impact they had on ME? Maybe they won't, or maybe they will later, when all is said and done. I have that song from Beauty and the Beast, "A Change in Me" stuck in my head, and I keep thinking about my life. I love my life, it is so wonderful! Sometimes I wish I could take a vacation from it, but I can't I just have to deal with it, but I am still grateful to just be alive and living. I am so grateful, and so ungrateful. I take so many things for granted. I live in a wonderful country, am a member of the only true gospel, I have a loving family, and wonderful friends! And yet I still complain. How did I get so lucky? And then I think, well it's not luck, nothing is pure luck. I have someone up above watching over and out for me who loves and cares about me. I am truely grateful. :)

1 comment:

The Last Popsicle Stand said...

Katrina! Wow I haven't been to your blog in a while! How's life? You've certainly influenced my life. Thanks! But you don't complain! I'm glad you recognize the blessings in your life. Isn't it crazy all that we have?